Sunday, April 05, 2009

Draughon - A Passion for Watercolor

The full title of this book is A Passion for Watercolor: Painting the Inner Experience, and it was as painfully earnest and "inspirational" as that would suggest. How can you avoid mocking a book that asks the reader things like "if you were a flower and not a human being, which flower would you be?" or says "I believe that deep inside the subconscious of each of us there is a holy place, and I think that art comes from this place."

This book is probably not aimed at jerks like me. I dislike being inspired by people who are actually trying to inspire me. I feel like I need to rewatch Fight Club now to cleanse my palate.

On the other hand, the author did have interesting things to say about finding things to paint all around you and painting your sense of a thing and not necessarily the thing itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment