Wednesday, May 06, 2009

This American Life - (Almost) Live in Toronto!

This American Life, the Chicago Public Radio show, put on a live performance on April 23rd and beamed it into movie theatres all over America. They are rebroadcasting it in movie theatres on May 11th, and this time you can see it in a theatre in downtown Toronto! You should buy tickets right now. Or at least start listening to the podcast and acting like Ira Glass, the host.

I've already listened to the podcast of the event. I like the podcast so much that I've been listening to it while jogging. It's a better jogging soundtrack than the Beastie Boys, Arcade Fire and Jay-Z all put together. The live show podcast includes a story by Dan Savage that was unexpectedly, intensely moving. Although maybe just to me. Also, Joss Whedon sings. Terribly, but bravely.

I wonder what public radio listeners look like in real life?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:05 pm

    I listen to public radio all the time and you know what I look like Mr. Gruber...

    ReplyDelete